Although I don’t have any reliable numbers to back it up and I’m also not expecting many visitors, it’s said that more and more web traffic happens from mobile devices and this website looked not too great on very small screens (mobile phones, that is - tablet size should’ve been fine). One of the reasons was that I had used a static grid via blueprint when I made the site and hadn’t changed anything since. The blueprint release I used in June 2011 was from May 2011, but that is still the latest release now and although it had worked, I wasn’t particularly impressed either.
So in the last two days I’ve redone the site in a responsive layout while keeping the design (if you can call it so) mostly the same, except for some intentional and unintentional changes to margins, paddings, font sizes and whatnot.
@ThorstenRinne recommended Foundation (v 4.3.1 as of now) and I’m quite happy with it. My tests with a Desire Z, an LG C550 and an iPhone 5 showed considerable progress, and that’s about all the energy I can muster on this project. Bugreports with screenshots are welcome, of course.
The Stack will probably resume next monday, I’ve just been too busy with stuff and didn’t actually find a lot of interesting links either.