The old computer was nearly 7.5 years old, so it was time for a new one:
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8x 3.60 GHz Socket AM4 Boxed, 324 EUR
- MSI B450M Mortar Max, 94 EUR
- 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT V2 Dual Rank DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18, 144 EUR
- 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 32Gb/s 3D-NAND TLC, 167 EUR
- 500W be quiet! Pure Power 11 Non-Modular PSU, 56 EUR
- Fractal Design Define C, black, 77 EUR
At 866 EUR without graphics card I'd call that pretty cheap.
Hardware I didn't replace:
- ASUS ROG Strix RX470, from 2016
- Roccat Kone EMP
- Logitech G710+ MX Brown
- Dell U2715H 27"
- Samsung SyncMaster 2443BW 24”
- Samsung EVO 860 1 TB SSD
Update 2021: Despite the market's best effort to deny me one, on December 28th I managed to order a GeForce RTX 3070 (GIGABYTE Eagle OC 8 GB) for just under 600 EUR and it arrived on January 2nd. Also I've been running a 3rd monitor since a bit before that, a 27" Samsung LS27C350, which is not great, but I got it for free.